Zabur is, according to Islam, the holy book of Hazrat Dawud (A.S) one of the holy books revealed by ALLAH before the Qur’an, alongside others such as the Tawrat (Torah) of Musa A.S (Moses) and the Injeel (Gospel) of Isa A.S (Jesus).
Four books were revealed by Allah, and to whom were they revealed
- The TOURAAT (OLD TESTAMENT) was given to Hazrat MOOSA (A.S).
- The ZABOOR (PSALMS) was given to Hazrat DAWOOD (A.S).
- The INJEEL (NEW TESTAMENT) was given to Hazrat ESA (A.S).
- The HOLY QURAN, the final Book of Allah was revealed to Hazrat MUHAMMAD MUSTAFA Sallallahu Alaihi Wassallam.
Besides these, there were many more smaller Kitaabs revealed, e.g.
- 10 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat ADAM (Alayhis-Salaam ).
- 50 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat SHIES (Alayhis-Salaam).
- 30 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat IDRIS (Alayhis-Salaam).
- Between 10 and 30 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat IBRAHAM (Alayhis-Salaam) (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon all of them).
All the other Books besides the HOLY QURAN were revealed at once.
- The HOLY QURAN was revealed over a period of 23 years.
- The HOLY QURAN has been memorized by thousands from the beginning of ISLAM right to the present day.
- Allah has promised to safeguard the text of the HOLY QURAN, which is miraculous.
- The HOLY QURAN was the final book of Allah. It is still pure, clear, and free from any change or alteration.